Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Journal #2 May 30, 2012 We are on our way to ITALY!!!! We arrived at the Albuquerque Sunport this morning around 6 am with huge smiles on our faces. Our big group began to get our boarding passes and headed straight for security. As we all got to the gate we began to relax a little bit. I can not believe that the trip is here. UNM volleyball is finally on their way to ITALY! We were about to take off when the flight crew announced that they needed to service the plane. This was just a very minor set back on our way to Atlanta. Next thing we knew we were in the air around 830. Of course with having to be up so early, the team was primed and ready to go straight to sleep. I think most of us had our headphones on and were ready to relax on this 2.5 hour flight to Atlanta. The flight was a little bumpy but didn't really phase any of our naps :) As the crew came on the loudspeaker to tell us to prepare for landing, the girls and I began to collect our things and get ready to change planes. The flight has been pretty easy but we will see how everyone does on the flight from Atlanta to Milan! I'm glad to keep everyone updated and there is much more to come from the team about our adventures through Italy! P.S. Megan and I got left behind on the train trying to be courteous to others. I tried to put my foot in the door to stop it from closing but I got scared. Therefor Megan and I were left all on our lonesome in the Atlanta airport. We found our way back to the group just in time for lunch :) Jordan Russell #5

No comments:

Post a Comment